Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Monday, March 30, 2009

No condemnation

I love today's girlfriend devotional. (see the sidebar or click on the title)

I love how devotionals come at just the right time to teach me what I need to know about what's going on in my life right now. This devotional came just after a day where I had chastised myself. I was tired of the struggle of looking after a household where I was the only one interested in cleaning. I'm not the greatest of housekeepers and dustbunnies and mountains of laundry mock me and are constant reminders of all the things that I still haven't done, and how much of a failure I am at the basics of wifehood and motherhood.

My husband and I had just had a rather tumultuous couple of weeks bickering over money and other things. I know I said some not-so-nice things to him. I look back on it now and wonder how I could let myself go, like that. What kind of an example was I setting for my husband?

But, then came this devotional--after my husband and I made up and are no longer wallowing in our anger and frustration. I still needed the reminder because I know a time will come again where the Evil One will use these situations to tell me I'm no good and am worth nothing and that my life is terrible...when in reality--at least from God's perspective--I'm worthy enough for him to have sent his Son to re-establish his connection with me (and if it had been only me, here, he would have still done it). In God's eyes, I am valuable and loved.

There is no condemnation from God because my sins have been forgiven. So, why should I let anyone else--including myself--decide differently?

No comments: