Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Monday, March 30, 2009

Funny Confessional

Okay, so we've had some really revealing confessions. Time for something fun before we head into April.

I'm an e-mail addict, a crack-berry addict, and obsessed with books. And, I'm a recovering ebay addict.

I dread taking my computer to my IT guy even though it needs to be cleaned out and updated and all that, simply because it means going a day or two without e-mail. Of course I could cheat and use my husband's laptop...after all I run a business all through e-mail and the Internet. But, sometimes I use it as a challenge. It may mean that I have several hundred e-mails to check when I finally get back on-line, but I try to use the time in a different way--read a book, tackle some house-related things that I've been putting off because I'm in front of my computer all day.

I also get depressed if I check my e-mail after a couple of hours and there's nothing new to read or delete. Sad, eh?

Crack-berries (aka Blackberries). I worked for a time with the Canadian Government. A little over two years. But, that was long enough to get me hooked on a Blackberry. I have been working from home for a year now and with our cell phone contracts coming up for renewal my mind automatically went to "I want a Blackberry". My thumbs are twitching just thinking of it!

Books: Even my son is well aware of this one. We walk by a bookstore in the mall--those ones with the spring clearance tables are particularly enticing--and my 12-year-old will tug on my arm and literally drag me away saying, "You don't need any more books". LOL!!! I have some 300 at home on my shelf that I haven't had a chance to read, yet. I spend more time reviewing books for other authors than reading for pure pleasure.

ebay: There are so many great things on ebay! My addiction started out with...what else...books! Then I found these cute Precious Moments dolls and set out to find the whole set. The only thing was I couldn't stop. I found it harder and harder to say, "No, I don't need that". I had to go cold turkey. No visiting, no browsing. I'm much better now. My husband has needed some things for his car, and ebay has been the best place to get them. So, I think I can safely say I have conquered that urge. Although I'm still keeping stringent ties on my mind so that it doesn't consume me, again.

What about you? Are you a recovering or confessed chocoholic?

No comments: