Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Monday, January 26, 2009

Staying Stuck

I love the Message paraphrase of the verse in our Girlfriend Devotional, today. One of the things I love about the Message paraphrase, is how real it makes the Scriptures. I find the "translation" into today's language the best and most down-to-earth of any of the "living" paraphrases - New Living Translation, The Living Bible and the Good News.

I don't know about you, but I know my handicap is my temper and a strong-willed personality that wants to do things on its own. But, I know that apart from God I can do nothing. So, I have learned that every day, in everything I do, I need to be attached to God the vine.

A pastor did a series on "being in the vine" a couple of years ago and it still sticks with me.

Stay stuck in the vine. Don't get to the point where God has to bring you to your knees so you stop walking around him to get where you want to go.

Whew! What a message!

No comments: