Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Want What She Has

What a great devotional (see girlfriend devotionals) and post (visit her blog by clicking on the link at the bottom of the devotional) by Lysa TerKeurst.

A few months ago I finished reading "Behind the Mask...No More" by former Phantom star Byron Nease. His book was a reminder that no matter what mask even famous people wear in public, there are likely issues we wouldn't imagine or expect happening in the background.

As I writer, I think my envy comes in the form of seeing other authors having been published or even having finished a manuscript and declaring it ready for publication. My books are often pushed aside as I try to make a living freelancing. Providing for my family comes first.

Some may be envious of me because I work from home, but while I love it, there are the challenges of maintaining a household, keeping a husband happy and still spending 8-9 hours a day in front of a computer trying to find and complete jobs.

I read in a recent Family Circus cartoon: "The grass is always greener...but what about the weeds." Often the grass is greener and usually there are no weeds that we can see. But weeds are insidious. They can pop up at any time. They're always lying just below the surface. We may never know how much work it has taken them to get to the point where there are no visible weeds.

Will be examining myself to see where the weed of envy may be hiding.

No comments: