Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Monday, March 2, 2009

Reflection on Today's Thought

I love today's thought.

I don't know about you, but this past week was one of those having too much to do and getting stressed over clutter weeks. Deadlines, laundry, messy rooms...all led to a very stressful week.

In the last few months I have been trying more and more to listen to that still small voice when I ask "What should I do now?" I know I have to do one thing at a time. It's just a matter of figuring which thing would be best served at this particular time.

I suppose it's the Christian version of "wait and see". I'm not a wait and see kind of person. I'm a planner. I have a schedule and not very much can break me of that schedule. But, I have realized as I yield the flow of my schedule to the Lord to guide me with what I should do next, the burden is no longer there. Yes, my house and desk and to-do list is still cluttered, but I see the progress being made, things getting done, and as I start clearing away big things and small things from that to-do list, I feel a sense of accomplishment.

I have just finished reading a Christian suspense book, "Collision of Angels" by Michael Carver and, even though it's fiction, I have really learned what it's like to take everything--absolutely everything--to God. Before I do anything, I pray I about it. Before I agree to do anything, I pray about it. As I stare at all the things I need doing in my house, I pray about what would best be done in the time I have at the moment.

I have been fretting over my schedule and one morning when Brent woke up around 5, I decided to stay up and get some other things done before I really got going. For the last few weekday mornings, I have used the time to do my devotions, update this blog, get through my e-mails and spend 30 minutes on the treadmill reading a book.

I have found this also gives me time to throw in a load of laundry, fix my 12-year-old son's lunch, get the baby up....When I was working full-time outside the house, I hated getting up at 5. Now, I look forward to it because I can see the progress I make on my day. I'm not as stressed as I was when I would reach 10:30 and only just be finishing getting through my e-mail.

As you go through your day and week, remember to take everything, every moment, every household chore, before God and commit every action to him and let him guide those actions, you will find that your schedule, while still packed, seems just a little less overwhelming.

No comments: