Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Body Image

Great Girlfriend Devotional today from Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I struggle with body image issues, as well. Fifteen months after the birth of our baby angel, I still have a belly that makes me look 6 months pregnant. The weight loss that I had hoped would happen during this past summer's soccer season never happened because it was too cold (really! We thought we'd have sleet during our first game! - for those of you who don't know what sleet is, it is a mixture of rain and snow).

While I've put myself on a more healthful and balanced diet - also in a bid to control hypoglycemia - and I've noticed a change particularly in my love handles, I still have an issue with the belly in front. I don't mind having a little belly. I know I'm never going to be flat, but neither do I want to be the size I currently am! So, I'm looking into seaweed wraps and registering for soccer again next summer with the hope that it will be hotter!

But what a great reminder that God doesn't see us like that. What do we say to others when we receive compliments. Do we really believe that what they are complimenting us for is true? Or do we answer with our thoughts or mouths with "yeah right".

Hmmmm.

No comments: