Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Monday, October 5, 2009

Me Time?

I had to laugh at Monday's Baby Blues comic from Monday. The fact that I started this post then saved it, intending to go back and write it later...and later ended up being two days later...shows that there isn't a whole lot of "me" time.

For me, "me" time comes in the form of devotions in the morning, devotions, Scripture reading, and prayer journaling in the evening, and our women's Bible study on Tuesday morning.

I added these comics--Baby Blues and Family Circus--to my morning routine as something fun. But, I don't really have "me" time where I'm doing something just for me.

I don't take myself out for coffee, either alone or with a friend. I very rarely read for pleasure--most of what I read is for book reviews. Well, I suppose I could consider my reading the Bible for "me," for pleasure...but the purpose of reading that is to become more familiar with His Word. Technically, I consider that study, not leisure.

There are the very rare occasions when my husband takes our sons to see their grandmother and great-grandmother and I opt to stay home because I have things to work on, and I will watch a "chic flick" with my supper.

I can so identify with the mom in this comic. "Me" time is so rare that often just not having to worry about kids for a few minutes is "me" time.

I love watching movies. I have a new Anne of Green Gables DVD that my husband won for me off a radio program...which I haven't been able to watch, yet, because our normal movie watching routine in the evening with our supper usually only allows for 30-45 minutes of movie time, then it's back to work. (I don't like doing that with a new movie. Anne has always been a release for me to I want to be able to enjoy it.)

If I could classify what "me" time is, it would be a time where I can sit undisturbed and read a book of my choosing out of the 300 or so that sit on my bookshelf. That's what I long to do.

I suppose I would have to add that I would be able to work on my writing projects. I have several that are in various stages of completion that I haven't been able to finish because I've been trying to make a living.

Oh well. With the current upswing in business and a renewed focus on what projects I need to keep the roof over our heads...that "me" time is coming! I know it!

No comments: