Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Monday, August 17, 2009

Timing

I don't know about you but I can identify with the mom in today's Baby Blues comic (see Time to Laugh).

As a freelancer, there's always a delicate balance between work and time for myself and family. More often than not work wins out. Work as a freelancer is not guaranteed - at least not yet for me.

The last several months have been a lesson in listening to the Lord's voice and letting Him tell me (and following) what he has planned for my day. He has planned every minute of my day. He knows what is coming and leads towards those things, today. (My very step is planned.)

Some people would see this as oppressive and not being free. I say, it frees me from the worries of trying to figure out what comes next or what I should do now. There is less pressure I find when I follow the Lord's leading in this way and that I actually get more work done than I thought. I have seen this week where the Lord has actually slowed the progress of time - time didn't fly by quite as quickly - which motivated me to continue.

On my desk sits a to-do list, very much like the one in the comic. I've worked very hard over the last couple of days in particular to get through the to-do list. But I've always found that it doesn't matter how many check marks I have on to-do list, there's always going to be something that will not be finished and will remind me of that fact. The victory in accomplishing twenty things on my to-do list will vanish in the light of the one "failure".

Despite my best efforts I can't please everyone, but I will still follow the Lord's plan because I know that is the only way I will ever get anything done.

No comments: