Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rachel's Tears: 10th Anniversary Edition: The Spiritual Journey of Columbine Martyr Rachel Scott Rachel's Tears: 10th Anniversary Edition: The Spiritual Journey of Columbine Martyr Rachel Scott by Beth Nimmo


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
What an amazing young woman. I felt privileged to share in her young life and in her family's grief at her brutal murder - along with the murder of 12 other people on April 20, 1999 - and in their ongoing attempts to heal and to spread her message of faith and hope.

Her story - as she had hoped when she was alive - is inspiring and uplifting, and can make a difference in those that read this book.

We all our hope that our lives will make a difference. That when we pass from this world something about us will live on in the people that knew us and perhaps in people that we don't know we've touched.

Pick up this book and discover a young girl's spiritual life that challenges even those who have been Christians all their lives. And for those who don't know Christ, yet, can help show the difference He made in her life.

While I have never met Rachel (I know I will when I get to heaven), I have no doubt that she was as "real" a Christian as one could ever hope to meet. When I pass on, I can only hope people remember me as a person who "walked the talk", started a "chain reaction" and showed Jesus' love and compassion to others.

Thank you, Rachel. You have done more in your short life than many Christians have done in a lifetime!

View all my reviews >>

No comments: