Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Monday, May 11, 2009

You are NOT a Failure

I love today's girlfriend devotional. So often we can berate ourselves for what we see as our failures, but when we see us as God has created us it should change our perspective--I know it does mine. I don't always feel like a great mother. I look at the other mothers, young and old. Those with many children and those with a couple. Those that are SAHM and those that work outside the home. Those that keep a tidier house or who can bake at the drop of a hat...Sometimes, many times, I wish I could be more like them. Have the perfect at home job, making what I would make in an office, with a tidy, well-kept house, kids that obey me without question; instead of struggling to make a living, even though I know what I'm doing is right, a messy, cluttered house with unfinished jobs surrounding me and mocking me, and a 13-year-old whom I've been struggling with all year getting him out of bed on time and getting him to adhere to a schedule (which heaps coals on my head because I know he had a schedule before I went to work full-time and in a sense I feel like I abandoned him and now I'm paying for it with a son who would otherwise have kept to that schedule and my mornings would be less stressed).

Well, I feel like I have the perfect job, not sure that I have managed to successfully find a balance between job and home, yet, though.

Anyway. If you have another second jump on over to the Proverbs 31 Ministries devotional, which is by Glynnis Whitwer, today. An amazing vision. I once felt the hands of Jesus on my shoulders during a time of despair. And just thinking of Jesus sitting beside me as she describes gave me shivers. May we give Him all the praise and honor, today.

No comments: