Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Struggling to be Supermom?

If you're anything like me--and I'm often surprised at how many mothers turn out to have the same struggles--read today's girlfriend devotional from Lysa TerKeurst.

My reaction when I read it was, whew! I'm not the only one! How spiritually releasing it is to hear someone else--with probably just as much on her plate as I--come out and say, I don't have to be like those other moms.

For me, I'd be happy if I could conquer the dust bunnies. I've made headway with washing dishes more regularly, and am working diligently on conquering my mountains of laundry--and at least folding the wrinklables before I let them sit in their baskets for the next two weeks. I don't want my house to be spotless, but the dust bunnies have to go (you know how many dust mites live in just one? ewwwww!)

Anyway...I feel like I can conquer the world, today, simply because someone else said exactly what I'm feeling. Always great to know I'm not the only one.

1 comment:

My Journey to Hope said...

I felt the same way when I read Lysa's devo. It's nice to know I don't have to be supermom- couldn't if I wanted to anyway. Summer's coming up, and with 3 at home, I'll be praying a lot more!

:) Michelle

P.S. Sign up for my Birthday Giveaway if you haven't already!