Inspirational Thought

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 7:13 NIV

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

*Sigh*

What a challenge in today's "hug" devotional.

I know I certainly didn't shine a very nice light, this morning. In some ways I feel very much justified in my frustration.

I signed Chris (12-year-old son) to go on a field trip with his Air Cadet squadron to visit the military establishments in Ottawa. We had to be at the squadron building by 7:30 this morning, which meant being up around six and hopefully in the car by quarter to seven.

Well I woke Chris up at quarter after 6. I go up quarter to 7 to get baby Brent ready to discover Chris lying across the bed still in his pajamas. I was not happy. (Chris is mildly autistic and getting him up in the morning has been a struggle all year.)

Anyway...I was not a happy camper. We were 10 minutes late. Thankfully they hadn't left, yet, and a few other cars pulled in behind me, so I was glad I wasn't the only one.

So, I read today's hug and felt a tug at my heart. Then I read today's Scriptural thought and thought, I probably feel more like a speck of dust at the moment. But, it is very comforting to know that even though the light I displayed this morning was slightly more akin to the dark side, God still crowns me with all glory and honour. Hope you feel a little more like a crown and less like a speck of dust, today.

No comments: